GitHub • LinkedIn • StackOverflow
My name is Bogdan. I live in Berlin and I develop things for the Internet. You can check how my interests changed by looking at the tags on "All posts" page. In short, there was a big migration from making websites in PHP to making complex things with DDD, FP and Scala + I always loved algorithms.
Random facts and some bragging
- My university diploma says that using a soldering iron I can turn a pile of transistors into a soviet computer and write an assembler for it. Didn't try it but now I'm careful with the term "Full Stack Developer".
- Once I guessed admin login and password for e-commerce site admin panel at the first attempt. It was admin/[shop name].
- My oldest still alive pet project website is working since 2010. I was making it on a train without an internet connection and I needed to process Cyrillic characters in utf8 strings. I didn't know about mbstring functions back then but I had utf specification so I reimplemented the functions I needed. They were working on production for 10 years.
- My first program was written in BASIC on a computer that had no persistence memory. It was saved on a punch card.
- I'm collecting stamps. In every country I visit I buy a stamp as a souvenir. Stamps are great souvenirs: compact, cheap, have a country name on them, often depict national symbols, force you to visit non-touristic places to get them.
- I'm reading 3-5 books in parallel totaling 25-40 books a year. You can spy on me in Goodreads.
- I have a super cute cat named Machete after Danny Trejo's character. I thought such a difference in cuteness would be funny. It is.
- My biggest improvement on a current job took two days of coding and a year of convincing.
- I can't into formal writing. That's why our corporate wiki can have Futurama gifs as illustrations in knowledge-sharing articles.